This is Pastor Seth Neistadt and if we have not met, I am the small groups pastor at the Journey North.
You are receiving this for one of the following reasons:
- You were added to the Journey North church database after April 2021 and this might be your first invite to lead a small group, or
- You were a small group leader in the fall, or
- You participated in small groups during the fall and may be interested in leading a group of your own, or
- You expressed an interest in leading a small group
Thank you very much for being a part of the TJN family!!
If possible, please complete the request below tonight so I can add your information to the website for this weekend’s signups.
You can also reply with a “please remove” if you do not want to lead a small group. This will help me to make sure you do not receive lots of unwanted emails. You can always sign up in the future.
This Winter we will be running a 10-week small group series to kick off 2022.
People have expressed an interest in small groups and are excited about meeting together again but we need your help.
We hope to offer the following types of small groups:
- Study Gateway Video studies
- Onsite campus study groups at both Baxter and Aitkin
- In-home “Where you are” groups like men’s, women’s, couples, singles, divorce care, recovery, teens, etc
- Themed groups such as walking (or snowshoeing), exercise, fishing (ice-fishing of course), etc
- Financial Peace University (Starting Sept 9th)
PLEASE DO THESE (2) THINGS FOR ME ASAP:
1. Please complete this short form if you are interested in leading a small group beginning the week of February 6th
2. Register for the Small Group Leader Meeting on Sunday January 30th to discuss materials
Signups will be available for the next three weeks so I need your group information quickly.
If you do not want to lead a small group, but you want to join a small group you can learn more on our website.
Group details are coming shortly.
Think about how you came to follow Jesus and how you have grown in your faith. You are who you are today because someone knew you by name and invested in you. Whether it was your parents, friends, or perhaps a pastor or small group leader, God has used one or more people to make a tremendous difference in your life.
Leading a small group gives you the opportunity to invest – and perhaps make the same sort of impact – in someone else’s life!
Why Small Groups?
Large-group worship services aren’t designed for personal interaction, and it can be difficult to develop close personal relationships if that is your only connection to the Christian community. That’s why small groups can be so valuable.
Jesus came and told his disciples,
“I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
The focus of the Great Commission, the verses above, is to make disciples – that is, followers of Jesus. How does one do this? By teaching them to obey everything that He commanded. Small groups are a great way to teach people to obey what Jesus commanded.
Small Groups Pastor
The Journey North Community Church
6785 Woida Road
Baxter, MN 56425