Too Much To Do (wk1)
Topic: Busyness Scripture: Luke 10:38–10:42, Matthew 5:4, Matthew 6:33, Matthew 6:9–6:13
This side of heaven you’ll never have a stress free life but you can begin to manage it.
1. Is it a pace issue?
2. Is it a trust issue?
- *What is your home like shortly before guests arrive?
- What do you enjoy about formal or informal dinners? Why?
- What is involved in clean-up at your house?
- What did Martha do for Jesus and His disciples? (10:38)
- Who was Mary? (10:39)
- Where was Mary while Jesus was talking? (10:39)
- *What did Mary do while Martha attended to household preparations? (10:39-40)
- How much could Martha concentrate on Jesus’ words while preparing for her guests? (10:40)
- Of what did Martha accuse Jesus? (10:40)
- *Of what did Martha accuse her sister? (10:40)
- What did Martha want Jesus to do? (10:40)
- How did Jesus try to calm down Martha? (10:41)
- *What did Jesus think of the sisters’ choices? (10:41-42)
- How would you describe the "Marys" (male and female) that you know?
- To what extent do you resemble the hurried, frantic personality of Martha?
- *If you had been Martha in this situation, how would you have reacted to your sister’s choice?
- What did Jesus mean when He said that "only one thing is needed"?
- *Why did Jesus favor Mary’s choice?
- In what way do you identify with Mary’s choice in your relationship to Jesus?
- What events or opportunities are coming up in which you can focus on being a student of Christ?
- *What steps can you take this week to help a friend with domestic tasks so that he or she can have more time to pray or read the Bible?
More in What Keeps You Up at Night?
July 15, 2018What Keeps You Up At Night (Week 2) My Kids