Hypocritical People (wk3)
Topic: Boundaries Scripture: Matthew 15:7–15:8, Galatians 6:1, James 5:19–5:20, 1 Corinthians 10:12, 2 Samuel 12:5–12:7
As you work towards confronting hypocrisy in your life and in the lives of others, read the following verses this week: Matthew 7:1-6, Matthew 18:15-20, Matthew 23:13- 39, Matthew 6:1-34, John 3:1-5, Proverbs 11:9, and James 1:26.
Talking through the message during the week helps you turn what God is saying to you into action steps.
These talking points, questions, and scriptures are designed to help you take the next step. If you’re leading a group through this guide, don’t feel like you have to answer every question. Pick out those questions that will stir up conversation and action among your group.
- Who is one of your favorite actors or actresses? What is it about this person’s acting abilities that you enjoy so much?
With your Bible or YouVersion, read Matthew 15:1-8. Jesus confronts the hypocrisy of the Pharisees in this passage.
- What are some examples of hypocrisy that you’ve seen?
- How have you been impacted by the hypocrisy of others?
- Why is it so important that we strive to remove any hint of hypocrisy from our lives?
- Where are you being hypocritical in your own life?
- What’s your next step to addressing your hypocrisy?
Read Galatians 6:1-6, 1 Corinthians 10:12, 2 Samuel 12:4-7, and Psalm 51:10-12. These verses show us how to prayerfully confront hypocrisy in both our lives and in the lives of others.
- Why is it important that we confront hypocrites with the goal of restoration?
- What are some of the most effective ways to confront another person with caution?
- Why do so many of us find confronting hypocritical people so difficult?
- Do you know someone who is being hypocritical? How will you go about prayerfully confronting them?